- Seamless integration with Ixia’s IxNetwork and IxExplorer
- Large-scale testing with synchronized timing
- Scalable time distribution platform
- Support for industry-standard timing inputs
- Robust connection guidelines allowing for wide spread placement of chassis
- Flexible topologies that allow massive scale testing
Problem: Time-sensitve networked applications are difficult to validate
Time-synchronized testing is critical for many emerging network technologies such as data center network, audio/video bridging (AVB), time-sensitive networking (TSN), industrial automation, and Internet of things (IoT). All of these network applications require a very accurate awareness of time, which is best achieved by using an industry-standard time reference such as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
solution: precision time-synchronized testing
Keysight's Metronome is a precision test instrument that seamlessly integrates with Ixia test solutions to enable large-scale, time-synchronized testing of complex networks.
Metronome enables devices under test (DUT) and an IxNetwork test system to use the same time reference. The Metronome enables massive-scale time-synchronized testing using up to 8 directly-connected Ixia chassis when using one Metronome. If massive scale is required, the Metronome-STAR topology can be used for up to 48 AresONE connected in a synchronization system. The Metronome and the Metronome Timing System Extender together provide connection and distance flexibility between Metronome and the attached chassis.