Best Practices for Network Monitoring
Proper network monitoring consists of more than just attaching a security and monitoring tool to a tap or SPAN port. Learn how a network packet broker can be effectively used to:
- Filter out unnecessary data flooding your security monitoring tools to make them more efficient
- Load balance data across multiple tools to extend the life of those existing tools
- Perform packet slicing to improve network security and increase regulatory compliance
- Perform header stripping to make security and monitoring tools more efficient
- Take advantage of component automation to reduce costs and improve service efficiency
This document provides the basic information you need, in a straight forward and condense format, to help you optimize your network visibility and monitoring architecture.