Quality of Service (QoS) and Policy Management in Mobile Data Networks
Cellular systems by nature have finite resources. But, mobile broadband networks must support multiplay applications of voice, video, and data on a single IP-based infrastructure. These converged services each have unique traffic handling and quality of experience (QoE) requirements.
Before spending billions of dollars on equipment and deployments, mobile carriers should carefully evaluate vendors and proactively measure the QoS and policy management functions of their network devices. Validating mobile data service quality requires saturating the network with a high load of real-world subscriber traffic, and measuring key performance indicators (KPIs) that identify QoE.
In this informative white paper, Quality of Service (QoS) and Policy Management in Mobile Data Networks, Ixia examines the growth in mobile data and how it impacts QoE by placing heavy strains on wireless network resources. We will discuss techniques to validate service quality for mobile broadband and explore a voice over LTE (VoLTE) QoS validation use case from a tier-one operator.
What You Will Learn:
- How to use QoS and policy management to limit congestion and enhance service quality
- The role policy management plays in new business models for service monetization
- What mobile subscriber modeling is and why it is important in testing
- The common KPIs for QoE in multiplay wireless networks
- How to design, configure, and test QoS and QoE
Mobile subscriber modeling and multiplay service emulation are fundamental parts of measuring QoS, policy mechanisms, and QoE. Download this white paper to learn more.